Pastor Mark is taking a much-needed and deserved vacation this week. We ask that you respect his privacy and do NOT call him. Should you have an emergency, please call Evelyn in the church office or Stan Wallace at: 229 326 0644 for assistance. Thank you for respecting his time off just like you would want if you were on vacation.
Church Job Postings
The FUMC Staff Parish Relations Committee is currently seeking all candidates interested in applying for the role of Youth Director that Camden will be leaving July 30 as he prepares to return to School to pursue his master’s degree in Art. This role oversees our ministry with Middler’s and High Schooler’s. If you are interested, please forward a resume to the Church Office and provide at least two references.
The FUMC CEC Board is currently seeking all candidates interested in applying for the role of CEC Director. This role oversees our Child Enrichment Center preschool that operates during the school year on Monday, Wednesdayand Friday mornings for 2, 3, and 4 yr olds. If you are interested, please forward a resume to the Church Office and provide at least two references.
Relay for Life Event is THIS Saturday, May 27th
from 4:00 pm till 10:00 pmat the Union County Farmer’s Market. Please come out and support our FUMC Church team as Cancer Survivors and Caregivers are honored and those who lost the battle to cancer are remembered. The Survivor/Caregiver Dinner is at 4:30. Opening Ceremony and Survivor laps begin at 6:00. A very inspirational candle lighting ceremony in memory of those who have gone on to Glory will be at 9:00 p.m. There will be lots of family friendly fun events, food, music, and cancer education. We still have openings for the annual Carlton Shaw Bare Legs contest! (men only!) Please bring your chair and comfortable walking shoes.
The In-Mission Together Summit 2017
with Eastern European countries will meet on Oct. 5 – 8 for the first time in Prague, Czech Republic in the Praha 2UMC. (Jana Krizova, who visited here, will be the new pastor at that church from June.) Previous annual meetings have been in various Partner UMC’s in the U.S.
This is a great opportunity to represent our First UMC and to meet and fellowship with Methodist Christians from the participating countries of CzechRepublic, Slovakia, Poland, Hungary, Albania, Serbia,Romania, Macedonia, and Bulgaria, as well as from U.S. partner churches. The meeting will be in English.
Registration deadline is June 30, and the fee is only40 Euro, (about $45) payable on arrival by cash or credit card. It includes meals on Friday and Saturday.The registration form is on line. See “God at Work”on the Missions bulletin board for more informationand website. You can make arrangements before orafter the meeting to visit our partner church, Slany UMC, which is about 25 miles from Prague, and for tours around the city and country.
The Bishop of the area and other leaders will speak.The meeting begins on the Friday 5th evening withFellowship, and ends with the Sunday service on the 8th, with city tours available Sunday afternoon.You make your own hotel arrangements. Contact Marian Malac for more information.
Can you please help? The following is a list of items needed for VBS. Any and all donations are also greatly appreciated. If you can donate any of the following items please let Lisa Wilson know asap. 706 379 2997 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Pray without Ceasing for
- All those with Alzheimers/Dementia related struggles (there are many in our faith family and extended faith family) and all their loving caregivers
- Cone Family and Cobb Family - recent losses
- Mac Warren - at home in Blairsville recovering from cadiac event
- Courtney Bruce grandmother - now under hospice care
- Janice Jarrard - sister diagnosed with ovarian cancer
- Our several expectant Mommies and their babies in our congregation
- Kathy Johnson’s Mother - general health (not a candidate for heart valve.)
- Our Confirmation class as they continue to discern
- Doug Shea - home recovering from surgical procedure
- Avis Shaw - upcoming leg procedures
- Sharon Willits - trouble walking
- Kim Kuykendall - general health
- Emily Cobb / Joyce Byers - lots of health issues in extended family members
- Elaine Neuhaus - rehab new shoulder
- Ruth Stefko son (Mike) - lung cancer - chemo and radiation
- Kathy Zimmerman’s sister (Alice Pollert) - more cancer related treatments
- Liz Patton’s Cousin - 14 hours of reconstructive surgery so far
- Alex Box - Hiawassee Rehab Center (recent fall and injury - but back now
- Nancy Sanford’s Mother in Kansas - fell and broke femur - had surgery to install rod - recovering from surgery
- Nancy Joyce’s – Brother-in Law in Penn.- general health
- Alex and Pat Box’s Son (Stephen) – severe health issues related to chronic Lyme disease - long term treatment continues
- Luann, Carol & Bob Head – general health
- Shirley Cobb/Bob Head/Eva Breedlove/Carol Warren – chronic back/neck/pain issues.A NOTE FROM FINANCE
From your Finance Committee
Thank you so very much FUMC - you are a generous church who gives thanks to God in all times! Thank you so much for funding God’s ministry through this part of the Body of Christ called First United Methodist Church of Union County!
Please remember FUMC in your legacy trusts & wills!