July 29th Backpack to School Bash at FUMC
We are hosting the 2nd annual community Backpack to School Bash to help the families of Union County prepare for the school year. This event is in collaboration with Union County Family Connections and other participating churches and businesses. Help us make this a blessing for all the children who come to “shop” for school supplies and back bags. The collection bins are in the Narthex and MAc desk area along with “needs sheets.” We will also accept financial donations directly through July. FUMC has been invited to provide 200 of the small child book bags. Help us reach and exceed that goal. Let’s show our community our heart for the kids!
Stephen Ministry Prayer / Healing Service as we kick off Wed Nights
Hiring FUMC Nursery Director
Pray without Ceasing for
- World peace - every nation, every family, every child, every soul.
- The AWESOME Union County Fire Department!!!
- Our new CEC Director - Heidi Hall
- The SPR search process for Youth Director and Nursery Director
- Several expectant Mommies in our congregation
- Confirmation class as they continue to discern
- Our District Superintendent’s (Rev. Richard Chewning) Mother is in hospice.
- Recent death of Joyce Byer’s brother (Jack Kelley) - visitation at Cochran Funeral Home tomorrow night 6-9 pm with funeral service at Cochran at 11 am on Thursday.
- Recent death of Leura Mollnhauer’s brother (Gerald Smith of Alabama)
- Twyla DeRevere’s daughter in a bad car accident - ICU
- Claudia Deprez - awaiting biopsy results
- Jennifer Turner - not cancer but significant surgical procedure upcoming
- All those recovering from recent surgical procedures (Darrell Hackney, Avis Shaw, Mac Warren, Elaine Neuhaus, Rob Howell, Bill Gleasure, Rick Guiterrez, Emily Stafford,)
- All those with Alzheimers/Dementia related struggles (there are many in our faith family and extended faith family) and all their loving caregivers
- Martha Preston - Murphy Nursing Home for rehab recovering from hip surgery
- Debbie Steed - diverticulitis - preparing for upcoming procedure
- Kim Kuykendall - test’s and evaluations continue
- Norm and Carol Thompson - Carol has been laid up with her leg wound.
- Marian Malac - is back home recovering
- Janice Jarrard - sister diagnosed with ovarian cancer
- Sharon Willits - trouble walking
- Ruth Stefko son (Mike Stefko) and daughter (Dawn Chappel)
- Kathy Zimmerman’s sister (Alice Pollert) - more cancer related treatments
- Liz Patton’s son - struggling with PTSD
- Alex Box - Hiawassee Rehab Center (visitors welcome!) Room A29 - driving from Blairsville take the first left up the hill after you pass McConnel Baptist Church in Hiawassee.
- Nancy Sanford’s Mother in Kansas - alzheimers and now also lung cancer
- Nancy Joyce’s – Brother-in Law in Penn.- general health
- Alex and Pat Box’s Son (Stephen) – severe health issues related to chronic Lyme disease - long term treatment continues
- Luann, Carol & Bob Head – general health
- Shirley Cobb/Bob Head/Eva Breedlove/Carol Warren – chronic back/neck/pain issues.
- The Bauman family to return from vacation to keep pastor mark from thinking he should sing in worship again!
A Note from Finance
Received YTD (27 Sundays)