This is a week full of fresh starts. I hope you plug into the faith family through the many opportunities we have this week to do all the good we can! Come to our first full Wednesday Night Nurture event this Wednesday. We have something for all ages. And I hope you come Saturday to the United Methodist Men’s Pancake breakfast in our fellowship hall - tell everyone you know to come to this community wide fundraiser for the UMM and BSA Troop 101 - help us get the word out. You will need a good breakfast to prepare you to serve at the Habitat for Humanity house behind Ace Hardware (also on Saturday). All the details are below! Come get connected - you will meet people as you step out there for Christ.
If you signed up for the Wednesday CPR course, it is TOMORROW beginning at 6 PM in the downstairs of the children’s wing (Fundamentals room). Bring $5 if you want a card.
Wednesday Night Nurture
Saturday Pancake Breakfast
Not this week, but Upcoming Key Events
Upcoming Special Sundays
Pray without Ceasing for
- World peace - every nation, every family, every child, every soul
- The two UMC related agencies in our neighborhood (YHC & Brannon Lodge)
- Our entire staff team
- Several expectant Mommies in our congregation
- Claudia Deprez - chemo treatments
- Phil Salling - healing from leg procedure
- Hugh Lee - moved to Nursing home in Blue Ridge
- Marian Malac - living with son Tim in Maryland, 19324 Cypress Hill Way, Gaithersburg, Maryland 20879 phone number 706.835.8917
- Kris and Larry Ferguson – their 38 year old daughter Holly just got diagnosed with breast cancer.
- Jean Riddle – her sister (Ruby Hruby) is in the hospital
- Ro Robbins, Debbie Steed, Frank Loy, Virginia Lane - healing from their procedures
- All those with Alzheimers/Dementia related struggles (there are many in our faith family and extended faith family) and all their loving caregivers
- Martha Preston - 4155 Joyce Road, Grove City, Ohio 43123
- Janice Jarrard - sister diagnosed with ovarian cancer
- Sharon Willits - general health
- Ruth Stefko son (Mike Stefko) - cancer treatments done for now - scans planned at end of September - and daughter (Dawn Chappel) - general health
- Kathy Zimmerman’s sister (Alice Pollert) - more cancer related treatments
- Alex Box - Chatuge Regional Nursing Home (visitors welcome!) Room A29 - driving from Blairsville take the first left up the hill after you pass McConnel Baptist Church in Hiawassee.
- Nancy Sanford’s Mother in Kansas - alzheimers and now also lung cancer
- Nancy Joyce’s – Brother-in Law in Penn.- general health
- Alex and Pat Box’s Son (Stephen) – severe health issues related to chronic Lyme disease - long term treatment continues
- Luann, Carol & Bob Head – general health
- Shirley Cobb/Bob Head/Eva Breedlove/Carol Warren – chronic back/neck/pain issues.
Through our sacrificial service, God will reach people, touch souls, change hearts, and launch disciples (that’s Church!)
A Note from FinanceThank you for your continued generosity!
August 6th $27,550 $670,790
August 13th $14,414 $685,204
August 20th $13,615 $698,819
Please remember FUMC in your legacy trusts; wills!