It’s good to be back home. As we look to the week that is coming, please come help the United Methodist Men raise money to purchase an additional yard tractor this Wednesday night. There is a group of men who mow all the grass and maintain the equipment. It is time to purchase one additional lawnmower. The UMM have already contributed $3000 to that cause - all help will be appreciated.
Also, two of the people (Kenny Engle and Pastor Mark) who went on the week long mission trip to Red Bird Kentucky will be doing a picture presentation in the Sanctuary for anyone who might be interested in any future missions trip to any location and to folks who just want to see what this trip was all about - you will hear our shared experiences into what it is like to walk beyond your comfort zone to serve God.
This coming Sunday is the Deborah Polston presentation on a growing social concern in our world - the problem of human trafficing. Deborah will be doing the mission moment at all three services this Sunday in preparation for her presentation at 2 pm in the Sanctuary.
Lastly, several people have asked about those “It is WELL with my Soul” t-shirts. On the back, the t-shirts are an invitation to “Come to THE WELL” here at FUMC. You can order a short sleeve or long sleeve shirt. The cost is $16 for either shirt. If you wish to order, simply email Teri McGinnis at email@example.com
IF ONLY WE KNEW….
Morning Glory Circle has begun their coat collecting for distribution this November. You may drop off your gently used winter coats in the closet across from the MAC desk.
Serving Holy Communion to Shut-ins Team
Wednesday Night Nurture
FUMC Fall Festival News: October 13/14
What can you make for the Fall Festival? This is an “ALL HANDS ON DECK: event where the entire church comes together to donate time and resources.This is our one event each year for the purpose of retiring the MAC debt.Our 2017 Fall Festival coming in October will be one of our largest community outreach events of the year. Included in this 2 day event will be a Craft Sale, Silent Auction, Bakery, Country Store, Candy Shoppe, Clothes Sale, and a Treasure Sale @ the Annex. All proceeds will go toward retiring the MAC debt! WE WILL NEED THE INVOLVEMENT OF EVERYBODY! We are in need of sale items for each of the areas of the Festival. Start now … Crafters, Bakers, and Candy Makers. Also do you have an item or a service that we could offer in our Silent Auction? Call Stan at the church office (706-745-2073) if you would be willing to help in any way with this outreach event. Thank you!
Orphanage Emmanuel Trip
Not this Week but Upcoming
Pray without Ceasing for
- Everyone impacted by all the Hurricanes/Tropical Storms
- Our military families - many recent deployments
- The two UMC related agencies in our neighborhood (YHC & Brannon Lodge)
- Our entire staff team and their families
- Katie and Matthew Mashburn (Chloe & Max) - baby girl due mid October
- All those with Alzheimers/Dementia related struggles
- Joan Wiley - recent loss
- Claudia Deprez - continuing chemo treatments
- Karen McGinn - brother in NC passed unexpectedly today
- Jamie Patton - back in Atlanta VA hospital with multiple serious health issues
- Marian Malac - skin cancer related surgery tomorrow in Maryland
- Bob Taylor - cardiac abaltion and pacemaker Sept 28 at UGH 7:30 am
- Ellie Dobson - back at home - multiple broken ribs and stress fractures
- Kelly Schuknecht - knee
- Phil Salling - healing from leg procedure
- Marilyn Barnes - ankle
- Hugh Lee - moved to Nursing home in Blue Ridge
- Norm Rogers - recent prostate cancer diagnosis
- Kris and Larry Ferguson – their 38 year old daughter Holly just got diagnosed with breast cancer.
- Janice Taylor - Praise, biopsy confirmed growth benign
- Janice Jarrard - sister with ovarian cancer
- Sharon Willits - general health
- Ruth Stefko son (Mike Stefko) - cancer treatments done for now - scans planned at end of September - and daughter (Dawn Chappel) - general health
- Kathy Zimmerman’s sister (Alice Pollert) - continuing cancer related treatments
- Alex Box - Chatuge Regional Nursing Home (visitors welcome!) Room A29 - driving from Blairsville take the first left up the hill after you pass McConnel Baptist Church in Hiawassee.
- Nancy Sanford’s Mother in Kansas - alzheimers and now also lung cancer
- Nancy Joyce’s – moving Mother to Pennsylvania
- Alex and Pat Box’s Son (Stephen) – severe health issues related to chronic Lyme disease - long term treatment continues
- Luann, Carol & Bob Head – general health
- Shirley Cobb/Bob Head/Eva Breedlove/Carol Warren – chronic back/neck/pain issues.