———- Forwarded message ———
From: First United Methodist Church of Union County <
Date: Tue, Sep 3, 2019 at 5:41 PM
Subject: FUMC Tuesday Tickle: 09-03-2019
09-03-2019 FUMC Tuesday Tickle
Family Movie Night!
This Saturday, September 7th, at 6:00pm
in the MAC! Everyone is welcome!
There will be popcorn, drinks, fun, and
you may meet some new friends! Eat our snacks or bring your own. Chairs,
blankets, pillows are all welcome too. Come get comfortable and join us for
the Disney-Pixar movie… “UP”
“Circle of Love”
Bake SaleThis Coming Sunday!
Before and after all three services. We might even have some of our famous
Chocolate Chip pies for sale. All proceeds will benefit our Firewood
Ministry. Come ready to take something home!
5:00pm - Fellowship Supper
6:00pm - Age-group Activities
- “FirstKIDS” FUNdamentals (grades 1-5) Meets in the “FUNdamentals room
(lower level of the Children’s wing). Led by Emily Stafford, Director of
- “FirstYOUTH” (grades 6-12) Bible Study and Mission Activities. Meets
in room M-0 (lower level of the MAC). Led by Jennifer DLM, Director of
- Next Sunday’s Sermon Preview & Discussion Led by Pastor Don Landen.
Meets in room M-3/5 (lower level).
- “FirstMOMS” Fellowship Meets in the gym. Moms are invited to join an
informal time of “table talk” sharing and fellowship while their children
attend our Wednesday “FUNdamentals” program. Group is facilitated by Katie
“FirstFAMILY” Night Supper Menu
Chicken ‘n dumplings, vegetable, fruit salad,
rolls and cookies.
“FirstYOUTH” is back in full-swing and following the Wednesday Night Dinner
Schedule; if there is dinner from 5-6 pm, there is Youth From 6-7pm.
Attention FirstYOUTH… Need some extra spending money? Setup and breakdown
help is needed for our OASIS program on Wednesday and Thursday afternoons
for approximately 1 1/2 hours. Guys or girls… if you are dependable and
have enough muscles to set up / take down tables and chairs we need you.
Call Stan Wallace at the church office at 706-745-2073. We start this week!
Help Needed!! This year’s Fall Festival dates are Friday, October 11th &
Saturday, October 12th. Crafters, we are counting on you to help us with
items as well as ya’ll who put away Jams and Jellies for the Country Store.
All proceeds from our Festival go toward retiring our MAC debt. Everybody
has a part to play! Start working now!
Annex (treasures) and Clothing (gently used) collection dates…
Fridays, September 13, 20, & 27
A Manhunt (or Womanhunt) is on… for the person who brought the “Sweet –
Hot Banana Pepper Mustard” for our Country Store last year. We would love
to know who you are. Please call Stan at the church office.
Weekday Bible Studies!
Men’s Bible Study meets on Tuesday’s at 10:00am in room M-7 (lower level of
Ladies Bible Study Begins September 11th… and will meet on Wednesday’s at
10:00am in room M-1 (lower level of the MAC). Ladies will be doing the
study “ROMANS… Good News That Changes Everything” by Melissa Spoelstra.
Mark your calendar!
Have you found your place of service here at FUMC? Pray about these
- Media Volunteers are needed (sound & video) for the Media booth at all
three worship services.
- Worship Design help in the MAC for the “The Well”. Training will be
provided. Please contact the church office if you are interested.
- Morning Glory Circle’s Traveling Gift Shop at the MAC Welcome Desk
from 9:30 to 9:45 am and 10:40 to 11:00 am. We have UMC cross and flame
necklaces, key rings and bookmarks, as well as Wesley coins and totes.
Please come visit us!
- We are missing a 10 ft. step ladder from the MAC. If you have borrowed
it would you please return it. If you know where it might be call Stan at
the church 706-745-2073.
- There is a Need for a Videographer for Night to Shine in February. If
you know of someone, please contact Kim Tatman at 404 226 2531.
At the MAC!
Walking Track & Weight Room Hours
Monday-Thursday 8am-5pm / Friday 8am-1pm
- “Fast-Effective-Fitness”. “FEF” meets on Tuesdays and Thursdays from
5:30pm - 6:30pm in the lower level of the MAC. Led by Rev. Mike Welch. Cost
is $4.00 per class.
- “Strength-Stretch-Balance”: SSB is a 1 hour class meets on Tuesdays,
Wednesdays, and Fridays at 9:15am in room M-32. Class is led by Lisa Toups.
Cost is $5.00 per class.
- “PIYO”: 45 minute “Yoga and Pilates combined”. Meets on Monday’s at
10:00am in room M-0 (first floor of the MAC) Cost is $5.00 per class.
- Christ Centered Yoga: This 1 hour class is led by Pat Tomzyck. Cost is
$5.00 per class. Bring your own yoga mat. Meets Tuesdays at 9:00am in Room
- “Tai Chi”: Tuesdays at 1:30pm downstairs in room M-0 of the MAC. Class
is led by Dr. Dennis Tidwell. Cost is $10.00 per class.
- Pickleball! Pickleball is a paddle sport created for all ages and
skill levels. The local club plays in the MAC on Mondays & Tuesdays from
1:00pm - 4:30pm …everyone is welcome. There are plenty of experienced
players there to get you started.
Mark Your Calendars!
Sep 11 Wednesday Ladies Bible Study Returns
Sep 22 Young Harris College Sunday
Oct 11-12 FUMC Fall Festival
Oct 14-19 Honduras Mission Trip to Orphanage Emmanuel
Oct 23 “Overflow” concert in the MAC
Nov 7 Young at Heart Day Trip to the Great Smoky Mountain Railroad
Please Help Us at the church by keeping us informed of any sickness or
procedures that you or any of our members may be experiencing. Thank you!
You can contact our Director of Pastoral Care, Rev. Mike Cloyd at
or call the church office @ 706-745-2073.
Prayer Concerns and Celebrations:
May LOVE REIGN over fear, hate, and violence in our world
- Our military families
- The two UMC related agencies in our neighborhood (YHC & Branan Lodge)
- Our Church Without Walls (CWOW’S) - Suches, GA
- Our Church staff team and their extended families
- All our expecting “Mommies to be”
- All those with Alzheimers/Dementia related struggles
- Norma Jean Anderson’s brother, Wendell - mouth cancer,surgery
- Kirby Bowron’s nephew - lung issues, sepsis
- Eva Breedlove - Back Issues
- Shannon Burgess brother in law (Steve) - cancer
- Nash Collins - 4 year old son of Chris and Kristin- broken wrist/arm
- Sonya Alexander Cristofaro sister (Linda) -radiation treatments
- Larry Culpepper’s sister - general health
- Dee Freed’s father (Kenneth Newman) - continued treatments for colon
- Kevin Garland - Young Harris music intern at Shepherd Center in
Atlanta for brain bleed
- Deidra Gilbert’s Mother - health, general safety and upcoming move to
- Maggie Guerrier - beginning process for consideration for Kidney
- Camille Higginbotham - recently released from the hospital
- George Houdeshel - general health
- Miki Johnson - recovery after knee surgery
- Rod Johnson - shoulder issues
- Greg Lane - in ICU at UGH
- Don Murphy - bypass surgery this week
- Helen Owenby - general health
- Nisia Redgrave - Chatuge Rehab (Green 27)
- Kerry Rittenhouse - Mother on chemo
- Carol Rogers - recovering at home
- Rhonda Schlienger - poor kidney function - prepping for dialysis
- Kelly Schuknecht’s new great- granddaughter - premature
- Rev. Harold Smith - home with Janice - doing in-home therapy
- Janice Smith - recovering at home after surgery
- Deputy Todd Smith - heart issues
- J L Tanner - recovery from shoulder surgery
- Bob Taylor - pain relief
- Carole and Norm Thompson - general health
- Manon Thompson - doing well
- Evelyn Ueltzen’s sister-in-law Heidi Ueltzen- endometrial cancer
- Carol Warren – chronic back issues.
- Sharon Willits - general health
A Note from Your Finance Team
………………. . …… .Received……….. .YTD Received
September 1st…..$27,014………………. $817,309
Please continue to remember your Church in your legacy trusts & wills –
that gift is also greatly appreciated!
First United Methodist Church of Union County
938 Highway 515 Blairsville, Georgia 30512
(706) 745 2073
Rev. Don Landen, Pastor
Church Website: www.firstmethodistblairsville.com
We are a Stephen Ministry Congregation!
First United Methodist Church of Union County | 938 Highway 515, Blairsville,
| About Constant Contact
Sent by firstname.lastname@example.org in collaboration with
[image: Trusted Email from Constant Contact - Try it FREE today.]
Try email marketing for free today!