United Methodist Men
The Methodist Men is an active group of Christian men working together. We need more men to accomplish everything we want to do, and most importantly, we need a younger men’s element. Hauling firewood is tough on us “more seasoned” men! If you are interested in joining us, please call or email our Head Coach, Buck Williams at 352-222-0873 / firstname.lastname@example.org. He would like to hear from you.
Regular meetings are the third Saturday of each month at 8:00 AM in the Fellowship Hall. Just come join us for a great breakfast, good fellowship, and fun.
Methodist Man Jeremy Bruce (and wife Courtney on the right) are serving the lunch meal at our 4th of July Celebration in 2015.
Several Methodist Men participated in a mission trip to Orphanage Emmanuel in Honduras in September 2015
One of the Methodist Men arranged a bi-plane ride for Pastor Mark.
2016 Ministry Updates
The Methodist Men are off to a roaring start for 2016! Our first meeting of the year was just completed, and our goals for 2016 are:
- Chainsaw Ministry: continue developing this ministry through training and recruitment of new members. This ministry is a component of the developing church Early Response Team to natural disasters
- Firewood Ministry: continue developing this ministry that is essentially a by-product of the Chainsaw Ministry. This ministry will provide free firewood to needy families, and some wood will be sold as a fund raiser for UMM
- Maintain church campus through mowing the lawns, raking leaves, and essentially whatever the campus needs.
- Support church special programs throughout the year by providing our tools, skills, and other assets
- Support a younger men’s offshoot of Methodist Men that meets on a day/time that best suits them
- Support other church organizations as requested if within our capability
- Fund Raising: we need money to support our efforts, and our first fund raiser this year is a Special Valentines Dinner on February 17th. It will be held in the MAC and everyone in the entire community is invited.
938 Highway 515
Blairsville GA 30512
8:30 am Casual
9:45 am Contemporary
11:00 am Traditional
5:00 pm Dinner
6:00 pm Bible Study