OASIS classes meet on Thursdays for three terms per year - Fall, Winter, and Spring. Classes meet for one to three hours during the day. Some workshops are conducted on Saturdays.
There is a small enrollment fee, as well as extra fees for supplies for some classes. These funds are used to help pay for utilities, maintenance, postage, reproduction, equipment, and supplies.
Instructors volunteer their time and skills to the OASIS program. We also have many other volunteers that keep the program running by arranging classrooms, conducting registration, and helping with food service.
OASIS is an adult educational, non-denominational enrichment program for adults age 50 and over sponsored by the First United Methodist Church of Union County in Blairsville, GA. Classes are held in the Winter, Spring, and Fall for eight weeks per session, always on Thursday.
Printable Registration Form
Spring 2019 Course Catalog
How to Register
A Schedule of Classes is available below and and a Class Registration form is available by clicking here.
- Registration fee is $25.00 per session, even if you take more than one class or workshop.
- Lunch (optional) is $5.00 each week and must be paid a week in advance. Use the application form to make your lunch reservation for the first week.
- Make your check payable to OASIS. Your check should include the $25.00 registration fee, the $5.00 if you want lunch (brown bagging is OK), and class fees, if applicable.
- Some classes have a supply fee that is due on the first day of class. Some instructors ask that you buy a book or other supplies on your own. Your instructor will give you that information
- REGISTRATIONS ARE ACCEPTED ON A “FIRST IN” BASIS VIA U.S. MAIL ONLY.
- Telephone, internet, or hand delivered registrations will not be accepted. Do not mail your registration form to the church.
Mail your registration form and check to:
938 Hwy 515
Blairsville, GA 30512
Many of the classes fill up quickly, so be prompt with your application. You will be notified if your class was already filled when we received your application. Otherwise, you may assume that you are accepted into the class or classes of your choice.
In case of inclement weather, call the First Methodist church office at 706-745-2073.
We look forward to having you join us.
Stan Wallace, Director 706-745-2073 firstname.lastname@example.org
The OASIS Committee
The OASIS program is administered by a committee and reports to the Church Council of the church. The committee meets at least three times a year with members service a three-year term.
OASIS Committee members
- Stan Wallace, Director
- Alan Zimmerman, Registrar / Technology
- Barbara Marshall, Secretary
- Goodwin Bryan, Photographer
- Roy Whitelock, Facilities
- Vic Henderson, Member-At-Large
- Faye Eubanks, Member-At-Large
- Camille Higginbotham, Member-At-Large
938 Highway 515
Blairsville GA 30512
8:30 am Casual
9:45 am Contemporary
11:00 am Traditional
5:00 pm Dinner
6:00 pm Bible Study