Our mission is to provide an educational enrichment program for persons 50 years of age and older for the local community regardless of religious affiliation.
OASIS classes meet on Thursdays for three terms per year - Fall, Winter, and Spring. Classes meet for one to three hours during the day. Some workshops are conducted on Saturdays.
The OASIS program offers opportunities for attendees to meet other persons of the same age group. Students attend from approximately 6 counties in Georgia, plus many from Tennessee and North Carolina. Many students have relocated from other parts of the country and have varied backgrounds and experiences. Students find the OASIS program a welcome activity each week and look forward with fond anticipation.
There is a small enrollment fee, as well as extra fees for supplies for some classes. These funds are used to help pay for utilities, maintenance, postage, reproduction, equipment, and supplies. Instructors volunteer their time and skills to the OASIS program. We also have many other volunteers that keep the program running by arranging classrooms, conducting registration, and helping with food service.
OASIS FALL 2022
Printable Registration Form
Fall 2022 Course Catalog
How to Register
- Registration fee is $25.00 per session, even if you take more than one class or workshop.
- Lunch (optional) is $5.00 each week and must be paid a week in advance. Use the application form to make your lunch reservation for the first week.
- Make your check payable to OASIS. Your check should include the $25.00 registration fee, the $5.00 if you want lunch (brown bagging is OK), and class fees, if applicable. Your check will not be deposited until after the second week of classes.
- Some classes have a supply fee that is due on the first day of class. Some instructors ask that you buy a book or other supplies on your own. Your instructor will give you that information
- If you know you will miss two or more classes of a session, please consider not signing up and allow a person on the waiting list to take the spot in the class.
- Registration forms and checks may be dropped off in the OASIS office at First Methodist Church or mailed to the address below.
Mail your registration form and check to:
First Methodist Church
938 Hwy 515 W
Blairsville, GA 30512
Many of the classes fill up quickly, so be prompt with your application. You will be notified if your class was already filled when we received your application. Otherwise, you may assume that you are accepted into the class or classes of your choice.
In case of inclement weather, call the First Methodist church office at 706-745-2073.
We look forward to having you join us.
Stan Wallace, Director 706-745-2073 email@example.com
The OASIS Committee
The OASIS program is administered by a committee and reports to the Church Council of the church. The committee meets at least three times a year with members service a three-year term.
OASIS Committee members
- Stan Wallace, Director
- Alan Zimmerman, Registrar
- Barbara Delli-Veneri, Secretary
- Roy Whitelock, Facilities
- Vic Henderson, Member-At-Large
- Faye Eubanks, Member-At-Large
- Bill Dittis, Member-At-Large
938 Highway 515
Blairsville GA 30512
8:45 am Casual
9:30 am Contemporary
11:00 am Traditional
5:00 pm Dinner
6:00 pm Bible Study