Our mission is to provide an educational enrichment program for persons 50 years of age and older for the local community regardless of religious affiliation.
OASIS classes meet on Thursdays for three terms per year - Fall, Winter, and Spring. Classes meet for one to three hours during the day. Some workshops are conducted on Saturdays.
The OASIS program offers opportunities for attendees to meet other persons of the same age group. Students attend from approximately 6 counties in Georgia, plus many from Tennessee and North Carolina. Many students have relocated from other parts of the country and have varied backgrounds and experiences. Students find the OASIS program a welcome activity each week and look forward with fond anticipation.
There is a small enrollment fee, as well as extra fees for supplies for some classes. These funds are used to help pay for utilities, maintenance, postage, reproduction, equipment, and supplies. Instructors volunteer their time and skills to the OASIS program. We also have many other volunteers that keep the program running by arranging classrooms, conducting registration, and helping with food service.
WINTER 2024 REGISTRATION
Class dates for the Winter 2024 session are: Jan 11, 18, 25, Feb 1, 15, 22, 29, and Mar 7. We will not be meeting on Feb 8. Registration opened on December 6th and will run through and close at midnight on Jan 7 so class rosters and attendance sheets may be developed. Registration will reopen onsite at FUMC on Jan 11.
Online Registration Form
Winter 2024 Course Catalog
How to Register
- We have moved the OASIS registration process to an online platform called Constant Contact. The link is above. Please contact Janice Walters, registrar, at firstname.lastname@example.org with registration questions.
- As always, registration fee is $ 25.00 per person, per session, even if you take more than one class.
- Lunch (optional) is $5.00 each week and must be paid a week in advance. You may use the online registration form to opt in for lunch the first day of classes.
- Some instructors ask that you buy a book or other supplies on your own. Others have given their class fee for collection during the registration process. You may check in each class description for that information.
- Many of the classes fill up quickly, so be prompt with your online registration.
In case of inclement weather, call the First Methodist church office at 706-745-2073.
We look forward to having you join us.
Alan Zimmerman, Director 706.994.0603
Janice the Registrar, 706.897.3378
The OASIS Committee
The OASIS program is administered by a committee and reports to the Church Council of the church. The committee meets at least three times a year with members service a three-year term.
OASIS Committee members:
- Alan Zimmerman, Director
- Barbara Delli-Veneri, Secretary
- Vic Henderson, Member-At-Large
- George Curran, Member-At-Large
- Bill Dittis, Member-At-Large
938 Highway 515
Blairsville GA 30512
8:30 am Casual
9:30 am Contemporary
11:00 am Traditional
5:00 pm Dinner
6:00 pm Bible Study